- PdM specialists were requested to assess the vibratory movement of the blower and determine the source(s) of the unusual vibration and noise during equipment operation.
- The equipment had recently been aligned and to further diagnose faults Motion Amplification was used to pinpoint any remaining in the system.
- Through advanced analysis techniques, the following report will show a significant amount of vibration emanating at 2x and 4x blower speed.
- The following videos were exported from the study, and provide a better understanding of the overall vibration on the skid.
Below are the recommendations in order of importance:
- Relieve pipe strain on the blower end of the machine train by supporting inlet and discharge pipes.
- Ensure all bolts are tightened and not bottomed out across the length of the base frame.
- Install new isolation pads on entire machine train
- Isolation pads should be rated specifically for system load and forces (if using same type and style of isolation, verify they are rated for this application)
- Add vertical support inside existing I-beam channels under the motor end.